Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a smoker, has GERD and I have seen a patch on the left…

I am a smoker, has...
I am a smoker, has GERD and I have seen a patch on the left and right side of tongue. Is it leukoplakia
3/22/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I request you to upload an image of the tongue without flash please. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please find photos

What about the right side of the tongue please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the right side
Hello.... this doesn't look like a full leukoplakia, but the whitish area and the texture looks like it.
As of now you need not worry or do anything for it.
I feel that it's in early starting stages.
If you don't mind me telling you, kindly quit smoking." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will quit smoking for sure. Do I need to worry or take any medicine. Thank you for answering
No need to take any medicine... please follow up with me 3 months later, with images again.Save these images for future comparison please.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks a million
You are most welcome please.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD