Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up with a pulsating severe pain in my left foot below…

I woke up with...

I woke up with a pulsating severe pain in my left foot below my toes. It has been doing that for the last hour. What do I do to get rid of this.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It just started about one hour ago (it is now 4:50 am). I can not find a way to get rid of it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have permanent AFib and I am diabetic. I am 84 years old.

3/22/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
I need some more information.
Can you see any swelling or redness around the toes or the foot?
Have you been having any foot pain or symptoms like pinpricks or tingling sensation in the foot before this?
My feet have been swollen quite awhile. Left foot is worse. Pain feels like it is very inner below the toes.
I do not want to pay $50. Sorry.
Are you going to help me? By email, please.

Please ignore the phone call request, it is an automated message from the website and I did not send it.

I am typing your answer and would post it shortly.

I cannot send you an email and would post the answer here.Please wait for few minutes.

For immediate relief you should apply ice to your feet and keep them elevated.
You should also take tylenol 500 milligrams every 6 hours.
There is a possibility that this is an infection considering that you are diabetic and therefore you need to have your feel examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
Another possibility is this being acute gout attack.
Other possibility is this pain pain due to peripheral neuropathy which is common in diabetics especially diabetes which is long standing.
In all the scenarios you would require prescription medicines to control and treat the condition.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
How long do I have to wait
Please read the answer posted above.
Thanks for the five star rating.