Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr ravoof are you available to answer a question?

Dr ravoof are you available...
Dr ravoof are you available to answer a question ?
3/22/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Dear customer,
Thank you for requesting me.Please ask your question.
Hi dr Ravoof. I just wanted to get a confirmation of opinion on something . I sometimes get advert faint tiny black spot in my distant vision sometimes . It doesn't obstruct my vision it's not a disturbance . It's just something which annoys me or surprises me . It disappears within 2-3 seconds . Is this a floater? Googling never helps but it's not something which indicates a macular condition or eye condition . I shouldn't think so at least I hope not . But still just thought I'd get some advice
A very faint *

Dear customer ,

Thank you for replying.

This is most definitely a floater. Floaters are commonly transparent but can be grey or black as well. This is not alarming or worrisome. The cause for this floater is likely to be nearsightedness. This is not due to any serious eye condition. You should not worry about this transient and occasional floater .

Take care.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Oh I see . Great thanks :)
I have other question to ask in behalf of a friend . My friend has astigmatism and myopia , but his eye exam is clear . But he also has lattice . But nothing which requires treatment , he occasionally gets blueish almond shaped types tings sometimes when looking at a direct source of light from nearby like a red car light or something very bright placed against something dark . He says moisture drops certainly help . But is this astigmatism it is it lattice ? I don't think it's lattice cuz it's asymtimatic and benign so ... eye pressure test was also normal
You here doc ? :)

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I am traveling and therefore there is a delay in answering. Sorry for the delay.

The likely cause of the eye symptom of your friend is astigmatism or myopia. This symptom is certainly not due to a lattice. Lattice is a harmless and benign condition with a good prognosis and it will not cause such a symptom.

Take care.

This is a harmless symptom I hope ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, this is a harmless and benign symptom and because of this isolated symptom, you should not worry about any underlying serious disease.

Take care.

I see thanks a lot for replying :) I wanted to run past something else by you . I once when I was sick or having postural tension , I once had a black flicker in my vision . Like I blinked but I just didn't know it . One doctor told me that it was me blinking and not knowing what it was one said it was because of either not knowing you blinked or with sudden head movement . What do you think? Googling will of course show me tears and detachments as usual so not doing that.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This black flicker was due to blinking without being aware of having blinked. This is not a cause for worry. A serious disease will cause daily frequent symptoms which will progressively worsen. Such occasional symptoms are not at all alarming or worrisome.

Take care.

When they happened it happened 2-3 days in a row and has not happened since . B12 vitamins did help . Could it be nutritional deficiency ?
It didn't happen once it did happen 3-4 times for a course if some days then stopped

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This can be due to nutritional deficiency and anemia is also a possible cause. But a serious disease would cause persistent symptoms that will not stop after a few days. So, you can be sure that the possible cause is harmless and benign.

Take care.

I see great thanks :)
Doctor one other thing , in October I was experiencing terrible eye strain . My eye exam was clear but IOP in one eye was I guess 22? Then after three days I again had it and it was 14 and 17 . Is this okay ? After that I had dilated eye exam and occasionall eye exams which were all okay . iOP is always associated with some problems which I don't think I should have but I just thought I'd counter check x thanks a log

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Such a fluctuation in the IOP is normal and is not at all alarming. You should not worry regarding this.

Take care.

Thanks a lot dr ravoof! I am so grateful :)
Because 22 is a bit high IOP so I was thinking that it might not indicate something

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

22 is still in the normal range and a normal range means that an individual who is normal and not suffering from any disease can have this IOP normally. So, this does not at all indicated anything.

Take care.

Great :) thanks :) I guess eye strain can also cause IOP on the huger side or sometimes just being nervous .

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

Thank you! :)