Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was told last year that I have sinusitis and nasal polyps,

Customer Question
I was told last...

I was told last year that I have sinusitis and nasal polyps , and the last month or two I have had bad headaches , lots of nasal congestion and wheezing , chest tightness . And last night I developed. Sore throat

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Well the wheezing started real bad a couples weeks ago and stoped for about 4 days and came back now I have bad headach and the sore throat started yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just stomach ulcers and a hiatal hurmia

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No fever
3/22/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...By what you quote I feel what you are having is TRIAD asthma.
I have a few questions for you -
Questions:
1. How many days per month do you feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does your sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Do you feel breathless when doing some physical exertion or exercise?
4. Are the symptoms when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?

Please get back with answers so that I can guide you better.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Family Physician, Doctor