Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Clilent has severe back and siatic pains MD has referred…

Customer Question
Clilent has severe back...

Clilent has severe back and siatic pains MD has referred patient to pain clinic for an epidural Pain clinic has requested client undergo an MRI client has been receiving radio/micro wave harassment What is the affect of the radio micro waves on patient when he/she undergoes mri

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Client had back injury some time in the past Pain worse when there is cold contact or standing for long periods of time client I taking neproxin 500mg 2xday for pain relief

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Patient in good health takes Lipitor and zedia10mg 1 day has had surgery knees bilateral for meniscus and appendex Paatient is 79

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns related to the client you have mentioned above.

I see you have inquired about the safety of undergoing mri scan as you have described above. I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see the mri is contraindicated if there are certain kinds of metallic objects in the body that are susceptible to the magnetic filed

Otherwise it is safe to undergo mri scan

I see the client has been receiving electronic or electromagnetic radiation form of harassment through radio waves and microwaves etc

This itself is not a contraindication for undergoing mri scan

First of all the same radio waves are used during mri scans too

So the client’s body has been receiving radio waves from external electronic sources should not pose any risk to the client’s body or health during or after the mri scan

And client receiving microwaves too should not pose any risk to the client’s body or health during or after the mri scan

Complications can occur if they have put some kind of electronic device in the client’s body and unless we know this device is magnetic filed susceptible or not it is not safe to undergo mri scan

But as far as this client has no such devices in their body, rather the client has been only receiving these wave forms from an external device source then doing mri scan is not contraindicated because such external transmission of the radio or microwave electromagnetic radiations are not expected to affect the mri scan process in anyway including posing any danger to the health and well being of the client too during or after the mri scan

To summarize once again, if there are no metallic or electronic objects implanted in the body of this client then they can undergo mri scan, and it is safe to do so, but if there are any metallic or electronic device in their body and if it is also susceptible to the magnetic field then it is not safe to undergo mri scan, and also if you guys are not sure whether the client has any metallic or electronic objects then also it is not safe to undergo mri scan.

Wishing you guys the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

client advise that he.has.suffered.from heavy metal toxicity in past mercury led cadmium etc confirmed.by 3.labs 3 MDS has.not.had a urine test for same in 1 year

Okay I see, please see heavy metal toxicity due to any heavy metal is not a contraindication for the MRI scan. MRI scan is contraindicated only if there are any metallic devices in the body, but heavy metal toxicity is not considered as a contraindication for MRI scan.

Hi, do you want to discuss further the concerns of undergoing an mri scan on the background of radio/micro wave harassment/exposure, or heavy metal toxicity you have expressed above, or any other concerns you may be having?

Please let me know

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD