Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im having dull pain off and on in both sides of my mid back…

Im having dull pain...

Im having dull pain off and on in both sides of my mid back right where my rib cage starts and sometime pain goes down to my growing area. Sex drive or desire has decreased a lot.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Drinking ALOT OF WATER sometimes. But it comes back. Im a wine drinker but i had to cut back because my bowl movements was very dark like..... black.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No....thats it

oh i forgot to add i urinate frequently. Sometimes 3 or 4 times right after drinking and its like very hard to hold it.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Is there any personal or family history of kidney stones?

3. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?

4. Is this dark colored urine associated with pain or an specific colored food intake like beetroot etc?

5. Is the pain a dull aching tolerable pain or a gripping pain which comes and goes?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

1. Age 46
2. No history of Kidney stones
3. I'm not diabetic for hypertensive
4 the darkness is in my bowl movement after glasses of red wine
5. Its a dull tolerable pain.

Hello...may I know your gender and since how long you had this please.

Male
For months off and on maybe a year

Hi...the possibilities are -

1. Muscular pain or spasm. For this you have already tried OTC Ibuprofen, the next step is muscle relaxants and physiotherapy.

2. Renal stones or renal colic - you will need an ultrasound for this. But unlikely as you drink lots of water.

3. Prostratic hypertrophy - you will need an ultrasound for this. But unlikely as your age is not fitting in.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD