Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m becoming concerned because the pain behind my knee is…

Hello. I’m becoming concerned...

Hello. I’m becoming concerned because the pain behind my knee is increasing. My knee itself feels like I sprained it or something. I’m also double jointed & my knees have popped for a thousand years. My hands ironically have been hurting for last couple weeks also. So I’m falling apart. I thought I just read something that said bladder issues possibly could be a symptom also. I’ve have that now for about 6-8 weeks. Back of my leg feels like I’m getting no circulation at all. But nothing really look swollen. Feels like I’m dehydrated.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling & really not sure that there’s anything that triggers

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of. I dontake lasix for edema. & I have chiaroscuro malformation. I take Celebrex for any swelling issues

3/22/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thank you
Text is fine. Thank you

How old are you?

51

So your symptoms are the knee feels swollen?

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

So have you been tested for autoimmune disease or gout?

Autoimmune always comes up completely crazy on white blood cells. I have Epstein Barr pretty bad. So they’ve always blown it off to that.

I think it should be looked at for sure

gout too

simple blood tests would screen for it

What type of doctor should I see??
& does it have anything to do with my all of the sudden urinery issues?

I would see a rheumatologist

Some autoimmune can cause urinary issues

Like reiter's syndrome

Ok so it’s possible you think it could all be linked ?

Yes

As far as looking at knee it doesn’t look swollen. But it’s hard to bend. Feels crampy like it need to pop. Like when u have to pop you knuckles. Feels like my circul
Circulation is being cut off

I understand what you mean

Ok so just book soon but I’m sure I can’t get in right away to specialist. I live in DFW metro. Is there someone or a city you suggest
is that it? Or do I need to wait ?

Are you near a large university hospital?

Dallas

Ok I would try to see a rheumatologist there

Ok very good. Thank you so much. :)

welcome :)