Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got a pain between my shoulders. Wonder if this is

I got a pain...

I got a pain between my shoulders. Wonder if this is serious. Could this be possibly signs of heart attack? The pain persists in more than 1/2 hr. Please advise.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes. Both my parents hade heart disease. My mom died of heart attack when she was 49. Dad dies of contrary disease. Last Friday and sunday i didn't sleep at all. I was visiting my friends so not sure if this has anything to do with my heart or just being away from home. i Felt few times this week shortness of breath for a while while waling on the stairs, but it lasted not long.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been suffering from lover back pain. Mostly restless legs and sciatic pain. This pain keeps waking me up at night. I keep using heating pad and massager to help me to fall asleep and survive the night. Today i saw a dr from pain clinic and will be scheduled for steroids injection.

3/22/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is your pain between shoulders, come on exertion / walking or is in rest too?

What is your age and gender?

How severe is the pain and do you have any other symptoms like nausea, sweating, arm pain?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The pain is in rest.
I am 62
Very painful and a deep pain.
Had Neusa maybe 5 hrs ego. some Sweating comes when i move or change position. I was just bending down and got some sweating. Now i am sitting and sweating is gone. No pain in my arm, although I feel a bit lazy two fingers in a left arm.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

In your age group and with your family history; your symptoms need caution.

So getting an EKG and troponin test (cardiac enzyme) at urgent care or emergency room is recommended.

Your pain can also be due to a medical condition called aortic aneurysm.

That too require colored doppler study and echocardiography (ultrasound of heart and blood vessels).

These symptoms can be due to pleurisy, pinched nerves in back and myofascial trigger point.

But these warrant a visit to a medical facility.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor