Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was exposed to sewer gas in our basement apartment for 5…

I was exposed to...

I was exposed to sewer gas in our basement apartment for 5 months without knowing why I was feeling bad. What Questions should I ask concerning long term effects ? I’m on allergy meds , asthmatic meds and do have epi ....

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

Breathing difficulties / swallowing idiopathic/ skin / chronic idiopathic chronic hives

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about hives?

Yes ... ideopathic uticartica taking lots of allergy meds plus Benadryl if breathing gets difficulty I go to Er and given epi .... physician specialist wants me to have xolair shot once a month waiting on insurance ... now they want to look closer at my lungs etc

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Been happening since November 29 until now better since we have moved out but still have issue

3/22/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thanks!

I am sorry you have been exposed to sewer gas in your basement

how old are you?

your body can heal

I'm glad you are seeing an allergy doctor

you may benefit from skin allergy testing to see what you may be allergic to

you will benefit from improving your diet, eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water, eating good protein and exercising if you can regularly

and cutting out carbohydrates and sugars and pasta and bread and gluten out of your diet.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
I sent a responsibility question accidentally and somehow it says autism department selection setting on my Qiestion .. sorry I’m new to this ....wondering if you can check I put all meds that I’m taking directed it to Dr . David
DIEGO BONILLA
Phone call session started