Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 13 old daughter is complaining of ear discomfort for the…

My 13 old daughter is...
My 13 old daughter is complaining of ear discomfort for the past few days. Her ear is red and tender to the touch on the outer lower part when she presses it.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

can you send me an image of the ear?
Have you had a fever?
Is there any discharge coming out of the ear?

No fever
No discharge

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Thank you! No rush!!

Dear *****ient in this case it is an infectious process, it is probable that it is due to an insect bite, so I suggest you go to the consultation because it is necessary to indicate antibiotics to reduce this process.
You should not be alarmed as it is a mild infection but you should start antibiotics.
Ideally, you should start with Amoxicillin/ac clavulanic acid.
You should take ibuprofen for pain every 8 hours.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

It's my 13 year old daughter, same medicine and such ?
It looks more like an ear infection or a bite of some sort?

if it's the same medication.
ibuprofen 200mg house 8 hours.
Impresses an ear infection , it should be examined well to see what caused it, but most likely it is an insect

Edgar Rubio Villegas