Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently took a new job in Tampa, I now am on my feet all…

I recently took a...

I recently took a new job in Tampa, I now am on my feet all day. I got the good feet inserts in my shoes and compression socks but my feet really hurt and my ankles are swollen. What is the best thing for me to do now for the pain. I do not have insurance till April 1st.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injury, I had a sit down job for 24 years before this. I am on my feet walking around rom 6am to 6pm. Swelling for about a week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have asthma, that is all. I weigh 170 and am 5’ 4” so I am over weight.

3/21/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old are you?
take any medication?
what is your weight?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 55 and take singular daily and weigh 175lbs.

Dear *****ient in this case, it is impressive that this is a venous problem due to all the symptoms that he comments (venous insufficiency).
The treatment radiates in the use of compression stockings altar that reach the thigh,
I suggest for pain ibuprofen of 200mg every 8 hours.
I recommend starting flavonoids treatment but for this you must go to a consultation.
There are other therapies such as infiltration.
I suggest every day after arriving from work to lift the legs and place them in hot water to improve the ciruclacion for 20 minutes.
It is suggested to perform a vascular ultrasound of both lower limbs to confirm it.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would ice help.? I have been coming home after work and taking a hot soak bath. And putting my feet up. And taking aleve still have feet pain.

no, in this case hot water is recommended, try to submerge your feet in hot water to improve circulation. and then again high.

try to sleep when you put your feet up, during your work when resting you should also do it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will try that but the pain is bad. Thanks

take fixed ibuprofen 400mg every 8 hours. Keep your feet up by moving your toes, this will improve slowly, quietly

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor