Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have diarrhea that is on and off again for the last month…

Customer Question
I have diarrhea that...

I have diarrhea that is on and off again for the last month and a half. It started with what I thought was the stomach flu, threw up once. Since then about once a week I get a 12 hour span of watery diarrhea. Today it started again but had been accompanied by nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

For a month and a half. And yes I vomited when it orginially started a month and a half ago. And today i have been nauseous all day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm gluten and dairy free. On no meds

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/21/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

that is good you are gluten free and no dairy

you could have a bad viral infection causing this diarrhea and nausea

Imodium can help with diarrhea

stomach acid reducing medications like zantac and prilosec can help decrease stomach acid

pepto bismal could help you as well.