How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 55 year old female. I had a full hysterectomy after I

Customer Question

I am 55 year old female. I had a full hysterectomy after I have a cyst flip that sent to the ER. They also found endometriosis when they did emergency surgery in 2013. Yesterday I passed a lot of blood. I had been ill with congestion, headache, etc so I was already scheduled to see the doctor that day. I told her about the blood but wasn’t certain where it was coming from. She advised me to get my overdue colonoscopy.
JA: When did the headache begin? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Later that afternoon I realized it was from the vagina so I called her office. They had me go in today for a urine test. I was told it was negative & to call if I passed more blood. The headache has subsided but it was pretty much the entire first week of March.
JA: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: I took Advil a couple times. Took Mucinex
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have major metal in my back. I exercise average 6 days a week.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry about your issues

at your age of 55, vaginal atrophy, due to drops of your body's estrogen level can cause vaginal dryness, thin vaginal linings and sometimes vaginal bleeding and clots

a gyn examination can check for vaginal atrophy and vaginal estrogen creams could help vaginal atrophy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wear an estrogen patch and have also used vaginal pills as well
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

then you need to see your doctor for a gyn examination and see where did that blood come from