Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have continuous sour belch. I drink carrot juice everyday…

I have continuous sour...

I have continuous sour belch. I drink carrot juice everyday now to try in keep it from reoccurring but it continues to come back. I am afraid to eat. No matter what I eat it keeps happening. Now I have constant diarrhea. No pain in my stomach. I do have acid reflux and hyanel hernia. I am so miserable. My belching smells so bad.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No, I have no vomiting or nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have a number of common health issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, hig

3/21/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

it sounds like you have too much stomach acid

you need to use stomach acid reducing medications to start to reduce your stomach acid

you need to take prilosec 20mg 30-60min before dinner and also take zantac 150mg during breakfast

and see a doctor, you may need stronger prescription anti acid medications like 40mg of nexium or protonix

I take Ranitidine 150 MG, one tab by month twice a day. Plus sometimes I need a Tums, but the sour stomach keeps coming back. The other meds didn't seem to help.

you need more than ranitidine

you may need omeprazole 40mg a day

you need to be tested for H Pylori bacteria in your stomach which can worsen stomach acid

you may need to avoid certain foods like tomato sauces, fried foods, spicy foods, alcohol.

you can increase to ranitidine 150mg twice a day for now

but you need to see a doctor.

I believe so. I was layed off from work
2/7 and my insurance ended 2/28. I really need to see a doctor.So for now if I took 2 pills 300mg in the morning and 2 pills 300mg before bedtime would that over dose me.

in rare cases of severe stomach acid issues ranitidine is prescribed 150mg 4 times a day for erosive esophagitis when stomach acid is severe

this is a prescription level of dose and we can not ok that here online

it is up to you to take that risk

but you need to get your stomach acid level down

you may need to see a doctor at a free health clinic

or university medical center

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

carrot juices and other fruit juices may be too acidic for your stomach right now

carrot juice can also cause some diarrhea or loose stools in some patients.

I would avoid these juices for now until you are able to get your stomach acid into better control.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician