Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend just got std results back and it says he is…

My boyfriend just got...

My boyfriend just got std results back and it says he is positive for "HEP ABC total" he said its from a hep c shot is this possible.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No

3/21/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Can you explain what does he mean by Hepatitis C shot?

i dont know. his test said positive hep ABC total and he said its because he got a hepatatis shot. im assuming he means vaccine
please I'm freaking out is this remotely possible.
This is all I know, I just spent $58 to ask one question. this is all i know. I'm about to cry

Thanks for the information.

If he tested positive for Hep ABC, then it can not be from vaccination. Other source of infection must be there and it would not come from vaccination. Vaccination does not cause infection.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
well i just had sex with him once unprotected can i get it from him?

Yes, this would be considered as an exposure and you might be at risk. You should visit your doctor now and discuss your next immediate action.

he said he has the shots but this is the actual results could it be a false reading? as in maybe the antibody is showing up and making false results. Please i will see a doc but i need to hear something

I think you did not read/understood his test report correctly. He does not have hepatitis B or C. His reports are normal or non-reactive.

No further action required.

he is 100% clean as of the day of this report? OMG I've been crying thank you sir you are a blessing.

Yes, he is clean, no infection.

Take care

sorry one last question you did open all 3 pictures correct? just checking. thanks

Yes, I looked at all 3 pictures. Normal report.

Take care,

D. Shah