Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like a doctor to go over some blood tests. I have…

Hello I would like...

Hello I would like a doctor to go over some blood tests

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

I have copies of the blood tests and would just like to ask questions

3/21/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you Can you attach copies or pictures here so I can review your results?
no problem will attach right now
here you go; thank you
I put an "x" on items which they flagged
Hello Dr., just seeing if the attachment went through

Yes, I have received them. Please give me some moments as I am helping other customers and will also be reviewing your test results. Thank you.

no problem, thank you again

You're very welcome. And thank you for being so patient. I've reviewed all your results and see there are only a few that were flagged as abnormal. The first, the RBC (red blood cell) number was only slightly higher than the upper limit of normal. This is basically fine, since the RBC's are what carry oxygen in your bloodstream and being minimal high is okay. Better a little high than low, so you are definitely not anemic. The next "abnormal" was the Alk Phos or alkaline phosphatase. On a complete metabolic panel (CMP) the alk phos measures an enzyme released by the gall bladder. Again, yours was minimally above the upper limit of normal, so again, essentially fine, no sign of gall bladder disease at all. Finally, the last value flagged was the mucous on your urinalysis (UA) "Few/LPF" means a few bits of mucous was visible per low powered field on a miscroscope where usually there are none. Again, a little mucous in the urine with no other signs like blood, white blood cells, protein, bacteria etc. is of no clinical concern at all, simply a variation of normal.

Anything else I can help explain regarding your lab test results?

You know the reason why I got these tests was about two years ago I had an ultrasound on my kidneys that showed my kidneys were slightly small, so this new kidney doctor performed these tests; my main complain is more or less bad bowel movements, not fluid; almost like I am not digesting food, when I eat meals like chicken sandwiches, I get exhausted, and I have these reoccurring uncomfortable feeling on both sides of my ribs ( mid range) like when I have to go to the bathroom, or I don't eat food, strange

I understand, thank you for that information. The results from your blood and urine tests show perfectly normal kidney function, so that's good. Your digestive symptoms do not appear to be due to any kidney, liver or gall bladder problems. You may wish to consider consulting with a gastroenterologist should they persist, or if it's already been going on chronically.

Can I answer anything else for you today?

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Thank you so much, you answered all my questions