Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I know utis are rare in men but I had one before and thought…

I know utis are...

I know utis are rare in men but I had one before and thought it was a std came back negative I'm just worried since I received unprotected oral with one partner I might have something else

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No still eating tip of penis burns when peeing difficulty to pee

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes Under side is irritated and itched Well was for the first 2 days It's gotten progressively better on 6 days now No discharge

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Flakey white specs in urine And my aunt has kidney problems?

3/21/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Did you develop these symptoms after oral sex?

Any urinary frequency, urgency, cloudy urine, blood in urine?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Not immediately after maybe 10 days later . The thing is I also was camping and drinking alot because it was my birthday weekend and it seemed it happen right when I was drinking alot . I had cloudy dark urine for a day or two rehydrated and then I was peeing clear just with white flakes I'm in urine at time
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No blood I'm urine.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No colored discharged

Do you see any rashes or itching, blisters?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No rashing or blisters just itching at top of urtheria during the first 3 days

Thanks for the information.

You seem to have urethritis and your symptoms are consistent with it. Although women tends to have more number of uti, but male can also get uri and present with similar symptoms. Alcohol is less likely to be the cause since your burning sensation is still there. You will have to visit your doctor to get urine test and possibility urethral swab to confirm the diagnosis and treat it effectively.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will when I get back home but how long should something like this last ? And if a rash was to develop what would be your other possible diagnoses ? I'm going as soon as I can but peace of mind but my biggest fear is herpes

This is not a typical presentation of herpes. It would present with rashes, blisters, pain, then the blisters would rupture leading to ulcer and then it will health. You should keep eye for urethral discharge, blisters, ulcer etc. Most of the time symptoms appear within 3 weeks after exposure.

take care,

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
But the pain to have in my urtheria track is normal ? Can I include a picture just for safe measure ? And you didn't tell me how long a uti can last ?

Pain and burning is common in UTI. Your have to take antibiotics to get rid of urinary infection and the infection would not go away without meds. Drinking cranberry juice is helpful.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Is the urtheria discharge a certain color ?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Because with a uti you can have a very little clear almost like clear urine

With uti, it's usually cloudy urine. Discharge would indicate other infection related to sexual transmission. It could be thick, mucus or yellow. Hepres will have clear fluid coming out from burst blisters.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Well idk if discharge is the best description but it's cloudy amd watery like pre ejaculation sperm . I'm going to the doctors regardless I just have horrible annexity and this is helping me get through the day

Sounds like a good plan.

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
You didn't answer my question ok the discharge color. It's maybe like 1 or 2 small drops after urinating that still come out and is kinda the same color as pre ejaculation come but not clumpy like cottage cheese

The color of the discharge is not diagnostic, and testing is required for final diagnosis. The discharge color could be yellow, green or whitish. All are suggestive of infection. If you notice the discharge repeatedly, then testing is must. You can visit your doctor for urine test and urethral swab.

take care

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Last question sorry .....So is one or two drops after peeing not even considered discharge?

If it's urine, then it's not considered discharge. If it's different in color or consistency, then it's discharge.

I hope it helps.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Won't see a doctor till Wednesday anyway to have bumps around anus?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Never had anal sex and just confused if I do have herpes why is It showing up around my anus
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor