Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Left side abdominal pain blood work was normal.slightly

Customer Question
Left side abdominal pain...

Left side abdominal pain blood work was normal.slightly elevated liver.had worked out the last 4 days before the test

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Not sure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No 41 yrs old.have always been healthy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/21/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Were your liver function tests slightly elevated?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
liver test was slightly elevated.slight nausea.no constipation
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bloating.no loss of appetite

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot except a phone call at this time

Hope the following points will clear the raise in your liver enzymes;

1) The liver function tests may be abnormal even in patients with a healthy liver.

2) Studies evaluating the clinical significance of these abnormalities have demonstrated that serious underlying liver disease is uncommon in many individuals.

3) Small level of enzyme elevation is found in almost 10% of cases without any disease.

4) Only a persistent increase of two fold for three months (tests repeated at monthly interval) will need further studies or invasive investigations like liver biopsy.

5) The other causes should be observed if there is no history of any medications, alcohol abuse and investigation for hepatitis B and C are normal and there are no medical evidence of the following diseases (which can elevate these enzymes); muscle disorders, thyroid disorders, celiac disease, adrenal insufficiency and anorexia nervosa.

Too much work out can cause slight elevation of liver enzymes.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The symptoms and reason for me asking questions is 100% because of the left side abdominal pain
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blood work was normal except for this

You would need an ultrasound, CT scan and upper GI endoscopy for the evaluation. It can be due to;

1) Gallbladder dysfunctions

2) Gastritis

3) Peptic ulcer

4) Gastroesophageal reflux disease

5) Hiatal hernia.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pain is lower left side

A lower left side abdominal pain and liver function tests are not likely to be related.

Family Physician, Doctor