Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an ingrown hair near the periuneim, at the end of my…

Customer Question
Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an ingrown hair near the periuneim, at the end of my vagina. It's painful, hard and swollen. It hurts to sit, please tell me what can l do? Do l need to go see my doctor, gynecologist. Please help

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent inquiries. Since Sunday

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is the swelling?
Did you take any medicine?

No medicine . Its large and hard

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Warm application is helpful here.
It increases the blood flow & brings in white blood cells, antibodies to fight infection.
You can take sitz bath a few times a day.
Antibiotic cream like neosporin can be applied.
It is available OTC.
Neosporin would fight pus producing bacteria.
Those would help in most cases.
If it grows larger, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.
Oral antibiotics or prescription grade ointment can be needed.
For pain, anti inflammatory analgesic like Motrin can help.

I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Ok Thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.