Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My four year old had his MMR, Polio and chicken pox

My four year old...

My four year old had his MMR, Polio and chicken pox immunizations Monday morning, his fever has been relatively low. Highest being 101.7. This morning about 5 am he woke up because he peed in the bed, while cleaning him up I told him to go to the bathroom and he said he cant his legs hurts. This morning when he woke, he was walking stiff legged and on his toes. Is this something to be concerned about and he should be seen again?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No swelling on his legs, I have been doing the fever reducer every four hours

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He was born to a drug addict and was mal nourished until 4 months old when he was placed with me, but I don't know that that would have any bearing

3/21/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is there any swelling of knee or ankle?

Did he have any injury?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no swelling no injury

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
Muscle ache, fever can occur with vaccination.
Polio & others vaccination can cause such symptoms.

It is common.
However, it would be better to inform his doctor.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)