Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you advise me on something? Cause things are running…

Hi DocCan you advise me...
Hi DocCan you advise me on something? Cause things are running extremely wild in my head and I can't shake it off.On 19/3 2 days ago (night time around 10pm), I met a lady (dinner with clients) and later that night she performed handjob and I do fingering on her (we never have sex and oral sex). After everything is done, I have checked on the bedsheet there is no blood in the place that she seat. And my fingers (middle finger) doesn't appear to have any open wound, cut or anything (Only vagina fluid) and I wash my hand immediately (according to the lady, she claim that she doesn't have HIV/STDs).1) However, in the morning (20th morning) I found out that my middle finger (under the nail) appear to have blood underneath. I know that normally Handjob/fingering will not cause me to have any HIV/STDs (according to some website). But in this case, what are the chances?2) while im fingering that lady, I dont have any open wound on any of my fingers (as in bleeding) even though if let say the blood that is under my nail(beneath my nail) is already there at that time. Is also 100% not a risk at all ? or is because of the blood under my nail will become a risk as well?3)And am I correct to say, if during my fingering with that lady, im bleeding out (like one or 2 drops of blood) and I have vagina fluid on my hand, then I will be at risk??Thanks
3/21/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions including hiv infections, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are concerned about the possibility of contracting hiv as you have described above. I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see there is absolutely no possibility of you having contracted hiv during the incident you have mentioned above

There are so many conditions that need to be met or fulfilled before hiv can enter our body and establish an infection

It does not appear in your case any of such conditions have been met or fulfilled - so there is absolutely no possibility of having contracted hiv in your case.

First and foremost to contract hiv the non-infected person should come in to contact of body fluids or blood etc containing hiv

But in your case it has not happened at all

What you may be having is some kind reddish looking area - which even if it is some kind of bleeding under the nail still this region cannot come in to contact with the vaginal fluid of the lady

There is such a tight junction between the nail and the tissue under the nail so it is very unlikely her vaginal fluid could have entered the region under your nail

Of course we do not even know whether it was blood or not, but even if it was blood, even it was a fresh bleeding under the nail that you had during the time of this incident - but still this region under the nail is unlikely to have come into contact with the vaginal fluid

So there is no possibility of you having contracted hiv during the above mentioned incident

Once again I can very confidently reassure you, there is absolutely no risk of having contracted hiv in your case during the incident you have mentioned above, and you appear totally safe in this regard, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Dr Subbanna,you have given me a very detail explaination then other doctors here.Now my heart can be at ease.Just 2 more questions, that I would like to clarify.1) If the vaginal fluid that has a little trace amount of blood that I didn't notice. And if according to your answer just now, the vaginal fluid with blood cannot come in contact with the blood under my nail due to the very tight tissue between Am I right?

You are very welcome! Yes, you are right, whether there was admixture of blood in the vaginal fluid or not, this fluid could not have come into contact with the possible bleeding area you have been having under the nail

It appeared there was only one question which I have answered above.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2) Do I need to do other test, As I'm married and planning to have a child. If the above incident doesn't, had zero possibilties. Should I redo any HIV or body test? Cause I did my body check about 3 yrs ago. and last year in JUN, i redid my HIV test and is negative. However between that period of time, JUN till now, I have about 4 times with lady that do handjob and fingering similar incident but nothing like this round that causes me fear. Therefore, my question is do I need to redo all the body check test at all? Or should I only proceed with Testing HIV only?

Since there is really no possibility of you having contracted hiv during this incident, or during the previous incidents that you have described above - so there is really no need for hiv test in you. If you just cannot get rid from your mind of the fear of the possibility of hiv transmission then you may try to undergo test but there is absolutely no risk of you having contracted hiv during the above incident or other incidents you have described above, so hiv test is not really required in your case, and the same applies to any other tests too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cause the test that I did 3 year back, It turn's out to have HSV2 and UU. UU I have taken medication and it did bounce back before. whereas HSV2, as I recall I might have a outbreak very young. But that point of time i didnt know what it is and didnt consult any doc.
The current doctor, told me there is nothing to do at all. And currently because we are trying to have babies. I cannot take any medication. Also, according to the doc, as if there is no outbreak again, then the risk is very minimum, is he correct?

Yes, since there is no further outbreak again so there should not be fear of transmission, so no further interventions are required at this moment.

Please do not forget to take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Assuring you the best services!

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Dr Subbanna, for your valuable advice and expertise.

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)