Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a bout of stomach /bowel sickness & now have a…

Customer Question
Hi-I have had a...

Hi-I have had a bout of stomach /bowel sickness & now have a swollen left foot and painful leg.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

A lot of swelling in foot

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes type 2 for 20 years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/21/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The swelling in leg and pain can be due to;

1) Blood clot also termed deep vein thrombosis.

2) Peripheral arterial disease due to diabetes and secondary infection.

Both of these need colored doppler study of the arteries and veins.

3) Infection in the skin, subcutaneous and deeper tissue which will require, antibiotics.

You need an immediate exam by your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.