Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well, I’ve been feeling this pain between my second and

Well, I’ve been feeling...

Well, I’ve been feeling this pain between my second and third knuckles for a few weeks. I started training with a heavy bag when it first began hurting, so i’ve laid off of it for probably about a month, with no real results. It doesn’t hurt when I do normal day to day things, I don’t have any stiffness or weakness, it just hurts when I punch anything or if I put pressure between the knuckles

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Pretty immediately it started, within about a week or two; but as for medication, It doesn’t bother me most of the day, so I don’t really feel the need to

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about the pain?

No, I can’t afford to go to the doctor to have it checked, so I’ve been trying to figure it out online

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I’ve never had any problems with my hand before, a few jammed fingers throughout high school

3/21/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have swelling, tenderness?

I’m a 20 year old man, there’s a slight amount of swelling, but nothing that hinders movement. It is very tender to touch, it’s actually quite painful anytime I put direct pressure between the knuckles

Your symptoms are suggestive of tendonitis. Following measures would help resolving it;

1) Motrin for 7-10 days.

2) Local analgesic cream or spray.

3) Ice compresses.

4) Avoid straining it as much as possible.

5) Brace (available at local pharmacy and health stores) in day time.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Would you mind explaining to me what Tendonitis is? Or how I can prevent injuries of this type in the future?

Tendon is last part of muscles. It attaches on the bone and joint. Its inflammation is called tendonitis.

It is basically overuse injury which can happen due to too excessive use, too much use or too frequent use or combination.

Avoiding above will prevent it.

Rest to the part is key here for healing.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

No, no, thank you very much. You’ve been very helpful, and this process has been extremely easy, I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.