Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I know I've asked this similarly before but i'm on a

Customer Question
Hello Doctor, I know I've...
Hello Doctor, I know I've asked this similarly before but i'm on a deployment in the middle east and can't talk to any other doctors and I feel like this has been long enough that one last little bit of reassurance will do the trick. To recap, July of 2016 was when I noticed a single swollen (if we can call it that) lymph node on the right side of my neck. Still there today, 18 months later, have not really noticed any changes whatsoever. With my neck relaxed sometimes I can't feel it and sometimes it feels maybe like a kidney bean. When I push on my neck from the other side, it feels bigger (like i'm pushing it out) and last night I did that and tried to trace it with a pen so I could measure it, did it 3 times and got measurements from 8 mm to 11 mm. At the end of January of this year before I left, I had a normal CBC, BMP, ESR was 4 and CRP was 2.1. Also in July of 2016 when I first noticed them I had a CT scan which said multiple bilateral reactive lymph nodes and an ultrasound which report just said everything was normal. I've also had various doctors appointments along the way, and I've both mentioned the lymph node and haven't mentioned it and no one has said anything more about it either way. Is that history enough to just say this is a normal lymph node and I may just be able to feel it forever? Is it correct to assume that 18 months with no notable changes (I say no notable because i'm doing anything scientific to track it) in size, not starting any B symptoms and still normal blood work means I can put a lymphoma fear out of my head forever? I guess I really want to confirm that 18 months of watching (not scientifically again) is fair to say this can't be serious. I'm assuming wax and wane lymphomas and indolent lymphomas are not realistic in my age group.My only complaints are some tiredness and leg aches which I am focusing on with better vitamins, diet and hydration, which seem to help, some days better than others so if I could just get one good answer, i'll be able to put this concern out of my head forever and just move on.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Lymph node enlargement does not mean lymphoma. With all investigations being normal, lymph nodes not increasing in size and with no significant symptoms, you can just forget about them.

Lymph node enlargement due to benign causes, and even without any specific cause is common.

There is no need to worry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hlStay blessed.