Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had a catheter in over 4 days, can a person get a urinary…

Had a catheter in...

Had a catheter in over 4 days, can a person get a urinary tract infection from this?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My urologist took it out Monday morning,taking dutasteride/tamsulosin for an enlarged prostate. Monday developed a 102 degree fever, headache, lower abdomal pain .started passing blood today at 4:00 pm.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily, no nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

66 years old , have had 2 biopsies one in 2008, one in February 2018 PDA has fluctuated, up to 12.58 last biopsy.

3/21/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have frequent urination, burning sensation?

Do you have blood in urine every time during urination?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

No cancer detected, was on myrbetriq for three weeks then trospium for two weeks. The emergency room that put the catheter in told me it was the medications that caused the bladder problem
Just wanted an answer to see if a catheter being in for over four days can cause an urinary tract infection.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, with your current symptoms of high-grade fever, passing blood, pain abdomen, Urinalysis must be done in your case to rule out Urinary tract infection and it can be possible with catheter use even after it's removal.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

That is all I wanted to know, thanks rated a five.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars located above in your answerbox if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor