Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that…

I have a question...

I have a question for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that deals with breast implants

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

25 years ago, I had Mentor Saline implants that were placed under the muscle. (365 ccs) per side. Every year, I go for a routine mammogram . All have been fine, until today. Radiologist report indicated that the left breast showed evidence of "more folding" in contrast to the 2017 film. Then, in the conclusion of report said that this was "A ruptured left implant" and a follow-up was suggested in 12 months. I have no pain or anything out of the ordinary in my breasts. As I look at them, aesthetically, they are symmetrical, and even. What is your opinion about all of this? Would it be necessary to "watch this" or removal of current implants? I take no medications and am generally health, workout in the gym daily. Presently 65 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Allergic to PCN--Causes a rash. In addition to breast implantation, I had a total hysterectomy 14 years ago and did well with that surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, very healthy and take no prescription meds.

3/21/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm not a Plastic Surgeon but I will be happy to help you. If there is a leak, the saline will be absorbed by your body without any problems. If they were filled with Silicone, then there may be a problem.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Any additional thoughts, questions?

No, thanks.This afternooon I have an appointment with the PS. I'm taking DVD/paper reports from the mammogram study. I actually have copies from the last 7 years if he wants to see the also.Thanks, ***** ***** luck!
No, thanks.This afternoon I have an appointment with the PS. I'm taking DVD/paper reports from the mammogram study. I actually have copies from the last 7 years if he wants to see the also.Thanks, ***** ***** luck!

May I assume your "No, thanks" refers to the automated request for Premium Service...you can ignore this if you want to.

Good Luck with your visit. I know you will not have a problem.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor