Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mother n law is having a nose bleed. What is the best way…

My mother n law...

My mother n law is having a nose bleed. What is the best way to make it stop bleeding?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the bleeding begin? Has your mother used any medication for it?

It started about 15 min again. No medication has been taken for it

Doctor's Assistant: Has she seen a doctor about the bleeding?

Maybe several years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don’t believe so.

3/21/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is her age?

Associated stuffy nose, clogged ears, sore throat, sneezing?

Blood clots?

Any history of hypertension, allergy, etc?

Is she taking any medications?

Dizziness?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

She is 78. She said her nose has bled before when the weather is dry. Did this before in Ruidoso New Mexico.
She just said it’s beginning to slow down.
I believe it is better now. Thank you

I understand your concern.

She can apply cool compresses with an ice pack on the nose.

And pinch the nose.

She can try Liquid Paraffin drops in the nose.

If possible monitor her blood pressure.

Sit down leaning forward, breath by mouth & squeeze the soft portion of the nose for 5minutes.
Check for stoppage of bleeding after 5 min.

If the bleeding does not stop within 20 min or she keeps loosing clots, please go to the ER immediately for control of bleeding.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor