Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I increase the heart muscle within the normal range?

EF 58 Does EF 60...
How can I increase the heart muscle within the normal range? EF 58 Does EF 60 or 62 or 67 increase? . What is the natural
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Welcome dr

Please see, EF (Ejection fraction) 58 is excellent

You are already having optimum & excellent ef

EF anything above 50to 55 is considered normal

58 is certainly above normal and it is excellent ef too

And there is really no need to increase the ef any further

The ef is dependent upon how much is the body need

Each individual has different types of body need

The heart muscle contracts in such a way the ef or the fraction of blood it ejects out during each contraction is sufficient for the metabolic needs of the various organs, tissues and cells all over the body

An ef of 58 is very well within normal limits and it can meet all the demands of the full needs of your body

So having ef above 58 is not at all necessary

However you may try to do the following to maintain optimum ef and optimum health & functioning of the heart;

A) Daily exercises about 20 minutes to 30 minutes, at least about 5 days per week

Try to do as much aerobic exercises as possible

The aerobic exercises include the following;

Running

Jogging

Brisk walking

Swimming etc

B) Try to reduce anxiety, stress, tension and worries

C) Eat healthy and balanced diet

D) Reduce the total intake of salt (sodium)

E) Try to keep blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides etc within normal limits

F) Daily yogas, meditation etc

The above measures can help you in maintaining an optimum ef as well as optimum health and functioning of your heart muscle

Once again I can categorically reassure you, the ef of 58 you are having is excellent and it is very well within normal limits and it is the body that decides how much the ef of the heart need to be to meet the body requirements and having 58 ef is excellent and it can meet all the requirements of your body, and in the meantime you may also consider the above mentioned recommendations to maintain an optimum health and functioning of the heart along with maintaining optimum & excellent ef of the heart, but you are already having optimum and excellent ef, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Thank you so much for reassurance means nervous tension?

You are very welcome! Yes nervous tension too need to be kept under control and this can also help in maintaining optimum & excellent ef & overall health of the heart muscle.

The need for the body does not mean EF 63 is better than EF 58

Body will adjust itself, if ef of 63 is required then heart will increase the ef to 63, your heart is 100% very healthy, so if required it can increase ef to 63 too, but 58 is more than enough.

Thank you very much if the heart is strengthened increase does not matter athlete or age

You are very welcome! Your heart muscle is very strong & very healthy.

You do have some issues with anxiety and nervous tension but these are not going to affect your ef significantly, what is more important is other medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol etc which you do not have - so you are not having any risk factors that can affect the health of the heart or its ef. I asked you to reduce anxiety & stress because it can make you unhappy and make you worry constantly, but anxiety & tension etc will not reduce your ef

If your body does not need 63 then having 63 is unnecessary and redundant.

The ef of 60 and above is seen in athletes or who do lot of daily exercises. Once you start doing lot of daily exercises then you will also see improvement of your ef, but the ef of 58 what you already have is an optimum and excellent ef and ef of 58 indicates your heart is 100% very healthy and very strong too! Most normal individuals have their ef around 55, and you are having 58 which is very optimum and excellent and you really do not need ef more than 55, but you already have more than the normal of 55.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Thanks very good so much dr

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Is apple useful to the heart What is the most important fruit of the heart

Yes apples are good for heart, and other fruits such as oranges, cantaloupes and papaya are also good for heart

This are links for a list of varieties of fruits, vegetables and other types of food stuff that are good for heart;

https://www.bhg.com/recipes/healthy/heart-healthy/top-10-fruits-for-your-heart-health/

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/15-heart-healthy-foods-to-work-into-your-diet/

Thanks very much for your valuable information. I wish you a very happy day

You are very welcome! I wish you too a very happy day!

Do you know Dark Chocolate is useful for the heart and what is the most important type

Yes dark chocolates appear to reduce the risk of heart disease by about 37% and risk for stroke by about 29%

Dark chocolates provide useful antioxidants, and also keep the blood pressure under control

Any kind of chocolate can help, but dark chocolate is better because it contains less sugar so no risk of diabetes

This is a very informative article on the use of dark chocolate for improving the health of the heart;

https://www.drsinatra.com/dark-chocolate-can-be-part-of-a-heart-healthy-diet

This is another very informative article on how to choose dark chocolate, what are the best ones to choose, the various brands that are available in the market etc;

https://healthyeater.com/dark-chocolate-best-and-worst

70%, 85%, and 90% Cacao bars. They also make a 99% cacao (this is hard to find).NOTE: Some of the bars are processed with alkali. Check labels carefully. As of writing the 90% is processed with alkali, but the 85% is not. I don’t understand 90% what the mean

The recommended "dose" of dark chocolate is approximately 30 gram to 60 gram/day (roughly 1 to 2 ounces/day)

You can choose the best dark chocolates from the below mentioned link, check under “Healthy Dark Chocolate Brands” - 70% or above are preferred, and make sure to avoid the ones with nutrition label stating “processed with alkali” because if it is processed with alkali then it can reduce the antioxidants available in the dark chocolate;

The recommended "dose" of dark chocolate is approximately 30 gram to 60 gram/day (roughly 1 to 2 ounces/day) . Thanks Example I mean if I ate an entire bar in the afternoon or how I took 30 grams

The total amount in grams will be seen on the label when you buy it, and try to eat about 30 to 60 grams per day.

I mean a quarter of a bar of 30 grams, and the ingredients are alkali soy bean, and without alkali and what after
Soy bean lecithin
This is considered a healthy varicose. Organic, processed without alkali, no Soy Lecithin
Terms of this��
This site contains alkalinity 90% Read I do not find alkali This is in home
See

You may try this one;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RBRY0Y?ref=emc_b_5_i&th=1

The one you had mentioned earlier has its chocolate base as “milk chocolate base” but this one has “dark chocolate base”, so this one is better than the other. Also the one you had mentioned earlier appears was “processed with alkali” but under this one they have not mentioned anything like that, so it is possible they have not processed this one with alkali. But if you need confirmation on this then you need to contact the company directly and only they can tell you whether this is processed with alkali or not, or try to get the product brochure, but it appears the one I have mentioned above is not processed with alkali

And you can generally eat 3 balls per day which will give you about 36 gram of dark chocolate per day, which is good enough, if you want more - then you can eat up to total 5 balls per day which will give you up to about 60 grams per day (the usual dose is 30 grams to 60 grams per day).

Thanks so much dr very good thanks
I mean, I do not need planning tests or enzymes if I do not have chest pain
Natural planning and enzymes are possible due to lack of symptoms this means

You are very welcome! No, you absolutely do not need any heart tests such as ecg or heart enzymes etc without chest pain. If you are not having symptoms then it is unlikely ecg or heart enzymes or any heart tests will show heart attack. Try to consider undergoing heart related tests only if there are any symptoms present.

Thanks so much dr
Disturbance or anxiety does not cause diabetes

You are very welcome! No, anxiety, stress, tension etc issues should not cause diabetes.

Anxiety, tension and nervousness what hurts

None of them will hurt or damage the heart.

Thanks. So much

You are very welcome!

What causes heart enlargement? Do you recommend that you restart your X-ray

Heart enlargement occurs due to thickening of heart muscle secondary to conditions such as congenital (people born with), high blood pressure, certain infections, deposition of substance called amyloid etc, or due to dilatation of the heart chambers secondary to conditions such as heart failure etc. But you are not having any of the above so absolutely nothing to worry and no need for any repeat chest x ray in you.

Chronic hypertension. How many years does the heart swell

Only if hypertension is poorly controlled, not otherwise, and it may take very long, generally more than 10 years or so

Thank you very very wish you a very happy day

You are very welcome! I wish you too a very happy day.

Percentage of natural oxygen saturation% spO2 of km
Percentage of natural oxygen saturation% spO2 of

Normal SpO2 is 94% to 99% on room air, and 90 to 94% is considered borderline, and SpO2 of less than 90% is considered as low, and SpO2 of less than 88% to 90% generally requires supplemental oxygen

Thanks very much dr subbanna

You are very welcome!

Is the unstable clot to come with effort pain

Yes, if the chest pain is from angina (due to reduced blood flow to the heart muscle) - then most often such chest pains occur during effort or physical activities etc.

Thanks dr good morning I am new question afternoon 12pm

Good morning, you are very welcome! Appreciate it, I will post my answer under the new question asap, for further discussions please follow up there.

I am send now new question dr

Appreciate it, I will post my answer under the new question asap, for further discussions please follow up there.