Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a kidney stone the end of January, I still have pain…

I had a kidney...

I had a kidney stone the end of January, I still have pain on my side and I still have a stone! I had a ct scan and the stone is 5mm and my doctor says it’s not big enough to be causing problems. I don’t understand what is causing my pain!

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

It started the end of January! I took hydrocodon for pain for awhile but didn’t want to stay on it!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Hydrocodone for this?

No

3/21/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

63

It is absolutely big enough to cause problems!

the stone is causing pain!

what do you suggest I do? Do I go to a different doctor?

100%

Go to a different doctor

that is terrible advice you got

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

The dr was helpful to suggest a different dr!

welcome :)

don't forget the 5 stars!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor