Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a very bad cold or flu about a month ago that lasted…

I had a very...

I had a very bad cold or flu about a month ago that lasted 10-12 days. I am still feeling effects of it , I think... respiratory discomfort, ie lower lung capacity esp on the inhales, feels irritated , chills sometimes and fatigue , aches ,

Doctor's Assistant: When did aches begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Have been taking Advil

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about aches?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I’m generally healthy, no other major illnesses or conditions

3/20/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old is she?
are you a smoker?
Do you have a cough?

I’m 54
I don’t smoke
I have a cough
No thank you on the call

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, because of the symptoms you mentioned, this is a respiratory infection.
If the lung capacity is decreased due to a restriction in this case is the result of a process that has not yet been overcome, it is likely that your immune system contains the infection but it is not enough because it may be a more resistant bacteria.
This is why it is necessary to confirm it by performing a physical examination of the lungs, as well as a chest X-ray and laboratories.
I therefore suggest that you see your doctor as soon as possible.
for the amount I suggest inhalers with Ipatropium bromide (atroven) 1 inhalation every 8 hours if breathing is difficult. but you must go to a doctor's office for the rest of your treatment, which includes an antibiotic.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Thank you! I will go to the Doctors office and get Checked out

Its has been a pleasure.