Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just had allergy and cold; its over but i still have this…

Customer Question
I just had allergy...

I just had allergy and cold; its over but i still have this on going cough and i wanted to know what can i take to get rid of it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Well at first was coughing up thick mucus,running nose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a blood clot in my left leg and i had shoulder surgery about 8 months ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Here are my suggestions for this--

Oral probiotics

Zinc lozenges

Mucinex

A saline nasal irrigation system

Chamomile tea with honey

That combination should get rid of your cough in two or three days

Please let me know if you need any more information

About 5 days

Did you get my answer above?

No other symptoms
Here are my suggestions for this--Oral probioticsZinc lozengesMucinexA saline nasal irrigation systemChamomile tea with honeyThat combination should get rid of your cough in two or three daysPlease let me know if you need any more information