Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My b12 levels are 944 is that normal? None of the above. I…

My b12 levels are...

My b12 levels are 944 is that normal ?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of the above

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure and epilesy

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Last check up was last week and both mum and dad have high blood pressure

3/20/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, what was the context of having your vitamin B12 levels checked in the first place? Were you precious vitamin B12 deficient? Having any neurological problems? Do you take any vitamin B12 supplements?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hi Doctor, i was having a general check up. I have never been vitamin B12 before . I am having neurological problems at the moment potentially vestibular neuritis or post concussion syndrome. I am taking a vitamin B complex supplement daily which has 50 mcg of B12
I see, thank you for sharing that information. Vitamin B12 has a very wide range of normal, approximately 190 to 900. Your level of 944 is basically normal, a little higher because you probably already consume enough in your diet, had enough in your body and are taking a little extra with the vitamins. Anything else I can help you with?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How long does vestibular neuritis last for ?
Vestibular neuritis involves a viral infection or post-virus inflammation of a portion of what is called cranial nerve 8 in the head region which is involved with hearing and balance. Usually he most severe symptoms only ast for 1-2 days, with a return to good balance in a few weeks at most. Occasionally, balance disturbances and intermittent dizziness can persist for several months. Have I adequately addressed your questions? Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like me to help with.

I hope I have provided you with helpful information in answering your question. Please let me know if you need anything else. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Richard Han
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD