Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lower lid sty that is lower in the lid, it looks…

I have a lower...

I have a lower lid sty that is lower in the lid, it looks like a little be be bump and is red. I have done salt washes and heat compress and it is not getting better. Would you recommend a cream??

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

4 days and it doesn't hurt bad just looks like it is not getting better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing I have never had any infection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I paid the fee as well. I will just patiently await the Doctor's response!
3/20/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Generally speaking, with a sty, only warm compresses are required. Think of it as a pimple on the eyelid. You gently rub and wash with a soft towel soaked with soap and water and also apply a dab of bacitracin ointment, a topical antibiotic available over the counter as well. I would continue applying warm compresses at least 2-3x daily for another week. If it continues to not improve, or worsen, especially if it feels firm and hard, I would then consult with an ophthalmologist.

Can I answer any other questions for you today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Richard Han
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD