Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was currently prescribed 2 3mg er. A day and 2 1 mg fast…

Customer Question
I was currently prescribed...

I was currently prescribed 2 3mg er. A day and 2 1 mg fast acting prn and my phycatrist lost his license I am very frightened from the withdrawal and he just got me up to that much and my seizures pretty well stopped what do I do

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't yet I still have a few weeks supply left I'm scared about what to do after I run put or right before I run out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I have multiple tbis and suffer from phycogenic convulsions and extremely high anxiety and panic attacks

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

They get worse wen I'm anxious nervous excited or I get really hot and it's been great since he got my meds straightened out I know that's a lot of xanax but it's way less scarier than having the ones and stare seizures

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 5 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

In situations such as this, your regular doctor can prescribe these medications for you until you are able to get a new patient appointment with a new psychiatrist.

It is not your fault he lost his license, and so your primary care doctor should be able to help you to make sure you continue to have a supply of the medication, without having to go through withdrawal.

Best of luck.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!