Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had severe pain from my hips down started off on the…

I have had severe...

I have had severe pain from my hips down started off on the left side then went to the right had severe migraines and I’m now taking Botox for which is help them my right foot feels like it’s broken I have knots in my lymph nodes I was tested several times and nothing no one can find anything I’m not understanding what’s going on I have thyroid problems I have to switch my dose from 150 to 137 every other day I need and I have HLA be 27 which is been tested and there’s no inkling spondylosis but there’s no reason for all of us

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I have daily headaches and then they go into migraines sometimes severely nausea and sometimes as far as throwing up

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had Endemtrosis and had a hysterectomy when I was 27 I was adopted so I have no family history

3/20/2018
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello-

Have they done any imaging of your lumbar spine (lower back), your pelvis, and hips?

How old are you?

I have had several CAT scans of different things I have a spot on my brain they say it’s from age and I’m 49

Have they done MRI imaging of the brain?

MRI imaging of the lumbar spine?

A CT of the pelvis?

Any nerve testing?

I have had an MRI over my whole body almost. I had a test on my heart and it was great. I’m over weight and sometimes can’t breathe very good
All of that

OK.

Did they do EMG and nerve conduction testing in the legs?

And did they do a MRI of the lumbar spine -- specifically? Do you remember those results?

The nerve test basically said I was overweight and wore too tight clothing. I have a little bit of fusion of the pelvic but no angling spondylitis. I was on prednisone for over a month. I’ve had liver test cause my liver enzymes were elevated and I’ve had calcium in my blood test for over 5 years now

OK.

Have you been evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon?

A rheumatologist?

And a neurologist?

I have a little bit of bone speres in both my neck and l5 s1. I have a crooked spine. Since i was little kids I’ve had leg pain
Not a surgeon but I have 2 Nero’s and a rheumatologist. I’ve even had a lumbar puncture and they ruled out MS

Well, I would want an orthopedic surgeon to evaluate your L5-S1 level.

Issues at that level (which you seem to have) can cause hip pain that radiates down the leg to your foot, and so based on your description of pain, I would want to have that evaluated.

the neurologist with the LP ruled out other things, such as intracranial hypertension, and MS, and other weird neurologic conditions, so that is good. He could also help with migraine medications.

This is going to be very tough, especially because you've seen all your doctors and had many tests done. Was there a specific question that we could answer?

Is there any test whether blood or scanning that could rule out anything else? Would having my thyroid removed help?

If you are on thyroid replacement hormone -- then what you do with or without your thyroid will not make much of a difference.

Perhaps a bone scan can help to look for places of active arthritis, to see why your joints are hurting so badly.

Discussing further with the rheumatologist to look for other autoimmune diseases with further bloodwork may be helpful.

I’ve had a bone scan and it showed I have brital bones. I’m doing Botox for my migraine and been tested for the auto autoimmune disease which came back negative.

I believe you are talking about a bone density test.

This is a nuclear medicine "bone scan", which looks for areas of increased metabolic activity, such as severe arthritis, infection, inflammation, etc.

My children and grandchildren have the same leg problems and one of my daughters was also tested positive for hlab 27. There has to be something heritatory.
There was a test where I was injected with something radioactive, it came back fine.

Perhaps getting a second opinion from another rheumatologist at a large medical center can be helpful.

It appears you have had a number of tests without a diagnosis, so it can be helpful to get a second fresh look at everything.

have them start from fresh or take all my records.

Take all your records, so that they don't have to repeat every test.

Then they can figure out which tests haven't been ordered, and based on your symptoms and results from this test, further narrow down potential causes for your symptoms.

Thank you I will see if I can get some answers

Your case is very tough, best of luck.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon