Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I rarely do any pot smoking. I was at a birthday party last…

Customer Question
I rarely do any...

I rarely do any pot smoking. I was at a birthday party last weelend & did. I have a random drug test today. Is there any over-the-counter products to mask pot?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Yes, I need to have test today! Testing for pot

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just a fluke last weekend

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

When you say last weekend -- on which day were you smoking?

Sat.. 3/10

OK.

It is 10 days after this, so as long as this is the only time you have smoked marijuana -- it should be out of your system by now.

People that smoking daily, for example, will have traces of it which can be detected for 1-2 months.

But a single use of the marijuana will stay up to 7 days (more likely 3 days) before the levels drop to the point where a normal urine test will miss it.

VISA************* Ex: **** Security ****

Best of luck.

I don't need the credit card information on here, I'm just a doctor that answers questions online. (The website here takes the info, so I'll have them remove it from the message)

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Oops! I smoked again 3/!7/!8

That is going to be very close, and depending on how much you smoked -- it may trigger a positive urine test. Unfortunately, it is very easy for them to test the urine to see if it has been diluted, or if it is indeed not actual urine - so at this point you won't be able to change the results.