Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past few days ive been feeling ill in my stomach.

Hi for the past...

Hi for the past few days ive been feeling ill in my stomach. Overall i feel fine i just feel sickly in my stomach i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative and i just finished my monthly cycle so maybe you can help me find answers please. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just nausea no vomitting its been since Sunday march 18th. I feel like i want to vomit but nothing and i keep burping a lot it relieves some of the pain but not completely and not for long.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are experiencing nausea. Without vomiting and diarrhea, this is not a viral gastroenteritis. Since burping provides some relief even though only temporary, you may have acid reflux. May I suggest you purchase over the counter Simethicone to help with the burping and also Gaviscon Liquid to help coat your esophagus and stomach. The two should make you feel better. May I also suggest you schedule an appointment with a Gastroenterologist for possible endoscopy (placing a scope into your esophagus and stomach) to make sure there are no continuing problems.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

thank you i will try the medicines you suggested first then if nothing changes I'll book an appointment. Thank you.

You are welcome.

Hi sorry to bother you again but i also forgot to mention i get killer headaches and they've been happening since the stomch pain which i find is weird because correct me if im wrong but these illnesses usually dont react together. Do they?

Headaches can be associated with nausea, but usually more with vomiting. There are many reasons for a headache, muscle tension, sinus congestion, high blood pressure and tumors both benign and cancer. Take Tylenol or Ibuprofen and if your headache goes away, there is no serious cause and your headaches will go away once your nausea is controlled.

Great! Thank you ��

Feel better soon.

Thank you. Sorry those were supposed to be smiley faces not question marks.

Understood!

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor