Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I currently have kidney stones that are just lying in me…

Customer Question
I currently have kidney...

I currently have kidney stones that are just lying in me kidney. I currently have blood when I urinate could this be because of the stones.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the bleeding begin? Have you used any medication for it?

I have a prescription for bactrim for a previous uti I had and I've just taken one so far. I just started yesterday.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the UTI?

Not yet because my doctor just retired and I am between doctors.I recently had a cat scan with contrast and had an allergic reaction to it with itching to.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic and take metformin.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry about the kidney stones.

To answer your question, yes, one of the more common symptoms of kidney stones is blood in the urine. So the blood is likely due to the kidney stones. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!