Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an appt with my doctor today, but thought Id check…

I have an appt...

I have an appt with my doctor today, but thought Id check here to get some symptom questions asked

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Seeing one otday no meds

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None daily

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will see if I can assist you today.

What specifically was your question/concern?

I think i may have a hernia

Ok, why do you think that? Do you feel something? Where?

I was coughing really hard last week when i was sick, felt something "Bubble" at one point when I coughed. Now I have swelling on the top of my pelvic area below my navel to the right a little. It goes away when I lie down or sit...but then comes back after standing for a while - small mass. doesn't hurt

Is it soft when you can feel it? Is it more noticeable when you bear down like when you are trying to defecate?

very soft and not hard...goes away when sitting down or lying down..comes back after standing- and not more noticeable when bearing down - goes away

Yes, there very well might be a hernia. The doctor will be able to tell after a full exam. Sometimes there is nothing to do about these if they are not causing any pain. However, often times they are repaired so that they don't cause problems in the future. Hope that helps.

thank you; yes very helpful

My pleasure. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

would like that thanks

Thank you. Please remember to click on the 5-stars at the top of the screen so that I may get credit for helping you today. Thanks.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD