Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had severe pain in my right lower back for a few days…

I've had severe pain...

I've had severe pain in my right lower back for a few days and it hurts worse when I breathe deep

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. Deep breath makes it worse. I've tried heat,ibuprofen and already-prescribed Vicodin and nothing helps. If I can find a comfortable position and don't move it helps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

5 months ago I was hospitalized for acute respiratory failure and also acute renal failure but my only symptoms were difficulty breathing and my be was low

3/20/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Ok

You may need following investigations for evaluation;

1) Chest x-ray to rule out pleurisy or walking pneumonia.

2) Ultrasound or CT scan of abdomen to rule out kidney issue like stone.

3) MRI and x-ray of the spine.

These will give the diagnosis and accordingly treatment can be started.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.