Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain in my neck ( left side stiffness and soreness)

Hello, I have pain...

Hello, I have pain in my neck ( left side stiffness and soreness) very fatigued, no fever but sweating and nausea. Waiting to get in to see my doctor later this afternoon.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Since Saturday. No numbness or tingling at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have severe anxiety and depression

3/20/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

Have you taken any medication?

How long do you have with this symptoms?

34
Mental health illness but nothing else
Tylenol on Sunday and Monday and prescription meds (wellbutrin 300 and cymbalta 60)Fatigue started Thursday, neck pain Saturday night, nausea on and off since Friday.

Are they just nausea or have they vomited?
Have you done any activity that involves a physical effort before starting the symptoms?

No vomiting, decreased appetite but nothing that concerns me about that.
As for exercise nothing more than a twice a day 1 km walk with the dogs. I did not walk on Sunday or Monday because I was feeling unwell. I walked this morning but it was only .5km

Dear *****ient, the symptoms you are exhibiting impress you with viral meningitis.
This type of neck pain with stiffness, in addition to the feeling of nausea.
headache may be associated with it.
This may be related to stress that diminishes your defenses.
Do not be alarmed, I suggest taking tylenol 500mg every 8 hours, hydrate well and eat well.
You should avoid stress during these days, it is advisable to perform neck stretching exercises.
In case of fever, or severe headache with vomiting you should go to the emergency room as soon as possible.

You can start a Cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxant) of 10mg every 12 hours that will relieve you.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Thank you for this. I will get the medication you have suggested and see how things go!Thanks again for your help!

Its has been a pleasure.

I wish you a speedy recovery.