Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter this morning on her way to work got a head ache…

My daughter this morning...

My daughter this morning on her way to work got a head ache starting at the back of her head. The pain moved around to the front. Seconds later she started bleeding from her nose.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the bleeding begin? Has your daughter used any medication for it?

She went to a md360 and they had her use a nazole constrictor spray.

Doctor's Assistant: Has she seen a doctor about the bleeding?

My problem is at home my wife asked me check her facial movement. Her right side isn't moving as well as the left.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

Her sister has a deformation in a blood vessel inside her brain. It caused her to have facial paralysis after she was hit by a softball in gym.

3/20/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old is your daughter? Any known medical condition? Has it happened before? Any other associated symptoms other than bleeding?

She is 19 years old. No known medical conditions. Yesterday she had a nose bleed after sneezing. Headache yesterday as well. Confusion and memory issues. She has a hard time remembering things.

I am sorry, she had to go through all these things.

These are not normal symptoms. Is she still experiencing memory loss, confusion? Any neck stillness, blurring vision? Muscular weakness, loss of balance?

None of the above other than still having issues with remembering things.

Thanks for the information.

Although it's quite possible to have nose bleeding due to minor problem, but in her case she had headache, nose bleeding, confusion, and memory issues. These symptoms can not be ignored and most be investigated to rule out brain related problem. I suggest you to take her to her doctor for proper evaluation. Most likely she will need TC scan to get further details about her problem.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Should I take her to the er or wait for an ENT appointment?

If she is having confusion and memory problem of sudden onset, then it would be appropriate to take her to ER.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor