Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does your stomach stop digesting if you eat some tainted…

Customer Question
Does your stomach stop...

Does your stomach stop digesting if you eat some tainted food? Sunday evening I ate dinner at 6pm , around midnight I was getting sick had diarrhea tried to vomit, did a little. The rest of the night was real miserable with more diarrhea and lots of stomach pain. I had stomach pain all day Monday with more diarrhea Around 8pm I vomited all my dinner from the night before, I started to feel better right away. Should I be worried about some kind of blockage? because to have that food in my stomach for that long seems abnormal .

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just from Sunday around midnight, around 1am last night i vomited what was left from Sunday dinner then felt much better . Now neither vomiting nor nausea a little diarrhea yet.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No never had anything like this

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

So you are wondering if not eating will stop your stomach from working?

No. My stomach was full of food for 24 hours possibly tainted food does your stomach stopDigesting what it gets tainted food

Oh no it doesn't stop

it will still digest and pass through

is that what you mean?

I am wondering if that is abnormal for my stomach to hold food that long pleas reread my first question for a time line

I read your timeline

the vomiting comes from the intestines too

not just the stomach

could a blockage be causing my stomach to remain full for that long

why do you think your stomach was full for that long?

Had a lot of stomach pain
your saying the food can come out of intestines too during vomiting?

That doesn't mean the stomach is full

ok read your answer about about stomach and intestines now is making sense food can come out of intestine too food during vomiting

bingo

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)