Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I found out I have a hemorrhagic cyst in my ovary. Should I…

I found out I...

I found out I have a hemorrhagic cyst in my ovary. Should I seek additional help for this?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My doctor has not called me back yet and it has been over two weeks. No medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a history of having dermoid cysts and had to be operated twice for to remove them.

3/20/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

You should be evaluated by an obstetric gynecologist.

Is this the first time you had a hemorrhagic cyst?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is the first time. I’ve been experiencing a number of symptoms before and since finding our.

What is your age?

generally, ruptured ovarian's is that leader uncomplicated and require no treatment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m 27

Did you have any bloodwork looking for anemia?

how is this diagnosed? Did you have an ultrasound or CT scan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have only after my second surgery after having second cyst removed. My doctor prescribed iron pills for it.I received an ultrasound and pelvic exam about two weeks ago and received the reports for it.

Have you had a hemorrhagic cyst removed previously?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, the two I had removed were dermoid cysts, each one was located on both my ovaries

Are you planning on having kids?

Hemorrhagic cysts usually resolve, and are not visualized or much smaller at the time of short-term follow-up ultrasound (6 to 12 weeks)

Occasionally, a hemorrhagic cyst can rupture and bleed into the abdominal compartment. Generally these do not cause any issues unless the bleeding is severe and uncontrolled. Occasionally prolonged bleeding from a ruptured cyst results in large amounts of abdominal and pelvic hemoperitoneum. The general course is to have a repeat ultrasound in 1 to 2 months to see it the cyst is enlarger or shrinking

however, if the cyst is causing you significant amount of discomfort and problems now you may want to have a specialist who does a lot of cyst removals evaluate it for resection

Usually, the blood will coagulate and clot. Over time the body will absorb the clot. On routine ultrasound, you can see it the blood is being reabsorbed or if there is more bleeding. At that point time, you may want to have the cyst surgically removed.

In addition, you may want to make sure this is not another dermoid cyst that is bleeding.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** your advice!
Dr. Scott, Doctor