Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has woken up for the past few days with very…

Customer Question
My daughter has woken...

My daughter has woken up for the past few days with very swollen lips. this has happened a few time before but has gone away. at times her hands will swell. she has complained that her feet sometimes feel numb and she has had numbness on her face from her nose to the bottom of her lips. Sometimes upon getting out of the show, she has what looks like hundreds of water blisters on her legs and the skin is very red. They don't hurt, but she complains they itch. She has complained from time to time about her chest feeling heavy. She also get random sharp pains in verious parts of her body. These symptoms come and go, and she doesn't always has all of them at the same time. Please help!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

This has gone on for about a month on and off. no other concerns. She is 18 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other medical issues

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Does she have any other past illness?
Did she consult doctor or have any test?
Did she take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has no past illness, I took her to urgent care yesterday. They wanted her to go to the e.r., she refused. They gave her 50mg of Benadryl. The only medicine she has taken is Aleve.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
The symptoms sound like an allergy.
Response to allergen varies from person to person.
The cause may not be apparent always.
Aleve can cause allergic reaction.
She may avoid it now.
Tylenol can be taken for pain.
She can try Claritin or zyrtec.
Steroid or prescription grade antihistamines can be needed.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Allergy test can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)