Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

After speaking passionately I feel pressure in my head a get…

After speaking passionately I feel...
After speaking passionately I feel pressure in my head a get dizzy and It won’t go away unless I lay down and rest. What are some of the reasons why this is happening?
3/20/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Since when is this happening?

2. Do you loose consciousness or just feel dizzy?

3. Do you fall down during the episode?

4. Did you check BP at anytime you felt dizzy?

5. Can you be more specific on the sequence of events?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s been happening on and off for one year It started with facial and eyes fatigue and head pressure. Now I get slight dizzy after talking passionately
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven’t checked my blood pressure but I have elevated blood pressure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not fall
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had an MRI CT SCAN OF BRAIN AND EEG and everything was good

Hi...Thank you for getting back with the information.

Sometimes stress headache or migraine can occur like this with similar symptoms.

I feel that you are getting stressed out for some reason and I feel that you should calm down yourself.

Drink a lot of water.

Try to be cool during passionate talk.

If still having these symptoms - I am sorry to say - you may need a clinical psychological assessment.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The last thing is I was diagnosed with C-3 disc herniation. Could that be a cause?

Hi...this is not at all related please. C3 disc herniation will not cause symptoms of dizziness. It will more of abnormal sensations and weakness rather than these.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you describe abnormal sensations
Abnormal sensations include, pins and needles sensation, tingling and numbness, burning sensation without any rash, without any other explanation in the upper limbs.
A sense of tightness or loss of sensation as a belt around the chest or neck region.These are the abnormal sensations which I was explaining you about.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there any neck herniation of any vertebrae at any level that would be related to my dizziness and head symptoms?
Hi... usually this sort of symptoms are common during atlantoaxial dislocation but not in lower down herniation like this.Especially dizziness after passionate talk is not explained by any physical abnormality please.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does atlantoaxial dislocation show up on an MRI and isn’t it life threatening
Atlantoaxial dislocation would have definitely shown up in an MRI...if it's not reported, it means it's not there.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD