Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a swollen throat however I did not eat anything out…

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen throat however I did not eat anything out of the ordinary.

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

Not bad enought where I can not breathe

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I took some benadry

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/20/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer
This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

Since how many days are you having sore throat?

Any cough?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of swollen/sore throat is most likely due to upper respiratory tract infection caused by viral infection.Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within 5-7 days with no complications.

Following is recommended for you:

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.
  • Gargling with lukewarm saline water is one of the best remedies.

All this will help you greatly to subside the symptoms.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

no cough
42 / male
just blew up tonight
I did not eat anything out of the ordinary

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Okay,please take tab.Nyquil and have gagles with lukewarm saline water as described above.

This should subside your symptoms within next few days.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this and it is treatable with medications.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

My problem is I keep gaging now and all I am drinking is lots of water.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

I can understand that you are gagging.So please take tab meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the gagging or nausea (if any).

It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Also follow the above described measures.

Please do not worry. This will subside in couple of days.

Thank you

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh