Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question regarding bloating. Right now, i cannot…

I have a question...

I have a question regarding bloating

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Right now, i cannot eat. if I do, i get quite light headed and feel like it is hard to exhale

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Since Tuesday night, off and on. As to the head - usually once my stomache/instestines/bowel calms down, it subsides. I did briefly have a fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not allergic to anything, have tried a stool softner which helps a bit, also - it feels a bit like constipation,

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Nausea, vomiting?

Pain in the upper right or left side of the abdomen?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Generalised body ache?

Any other medical history?

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

finally
could not find how to respond
47 yo male, non smoker, mild nausea, no vomiting, pain is from distended and bloated belly, been suffering for roughly 6 days, body aches after I deflate, cannot eat as instantly bloat, mild alchohol (none in a week) take zantax as required

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds viral infection and Indigestion.

You should take OTC Prilosec empty stomach and Zantac 150 mg after meals at bedtime for 7 days.

Also, take OTC Mylanta gas and continue stool softener.

You should take OTC Motrin.

Hydrate yourself with Gatorade and eat easy to digest food like soup or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).

Start a probiotic and yogurt.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Prilosec, Mylanta, Motrin. have been on little more than water, and yogurt. Anything else?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Gatorade is better than plain water.

Take all other such measures as we have discussed earlier.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Thanks, ***** *****

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil