Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is a little embarrassing but I have just travelled to…

Hello Pearl, Doctor's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl,

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

This is a little embarrassing but I have just travelled to China and before I left I had a little itch on my penis. Not enough to worry about I thought but it has now got itchier and there is pus coming out of it. I only have a lady interrupter assisting me and I know she would be shocked if I told her Can you maybe give me some advice on what I might need to do about this to get me back home. I leave here on the weekend Thanks

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I came here on last Thursday. It was itchier after I got here but now it isnt so bad but I have never had anything wrong down there before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have not had sex for about 2 months or any contact with anyone sexually I had a prostate scare about 2 years ago when my PSA went high and I had a biopsy but I saw the doctor in November just gone and he was happy. By the way I am 56 years old

3/20/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from thick white discharge?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any rash, bumps on tip of the penis?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

to the discharge. I had been taking heavy opiate based drugs for a back problem I had just before I came to China.
No rash or bumps
I have been taking Tramazpen (sleeping tablets) at night but I have been taking them for years. Not sure on the name of the tablets s correct

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, it indicates a fungal infection.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
An application of OTC(over the counter) Hydrocort ointment and Lotrimin ointment on the affected site twice a day.
Take a cool water bath and keep it dry and afterward, apply OTC Zeasorb AF powder.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra.
Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric boxer.
Avoid rough masturbation, popping, scratching.

Maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.
Start Culturelle probiotic and Citrucel and Gas X.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Thanks Doc,
I will be home at the end of the week and will go and see my regular doctor as a precautionary.
Just because I am over in China and not too sure about chinese medicine that I would get some western advice
Greta service. I will use you again if caught out of town like this.... Hope not.
Thanks again

Thank you for replying back.

You can buy these medicines over the counter at a drug store or pharmacy in China also.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
You are worth 6 stars

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.