Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I bypass a family physician to find out if my memory…

Can I bypass a...

Can I bypass a family physician to find out if my memory issues could be a problem. I have undiagnosed head injuries.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

It seems like it has gotten worse in the last year. I am trying to study and can't remember what I just read. I have worked the last 6 years overseas, which I know stress can contribute. I just think it is more then that. My head feels worse when I lean over. My hearing even seems to be tunneled if that makes sense. Also if I get hit in a certain area in the back of my head I can black out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had head concussions during my youth. Fractured my neck. Oh flying can cause severe pressure that can by quite painful.

3/20/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

It sounds like you need to see a neurologist. If you have PPO insurance you can see a neurologist without getting a referral from your family physician. However, with an HMO you would most likely have to get a referral to see the neurologist first. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD